Wait, what?

Ramblings on Life, Love, Humor, and Wierdness(not necessarily in that order)

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Kid(ney)


Well, today marks the 2nd anniversary of Uncle Rob's kidney in my body. 2 years not on dialysis, 2 years of more strength and more hair. The good of having a life far outweighs the bad of taking a lot of medicine. I have had to deal with a lot of emotional issues, however(please bear with me; this is my therapy session). 1. The issue of feeling that I'm not thankful enough. It's hard to write, because I AM thankful. Every time I pee, I'm thankful. I just have a hard time showing and telling people how thankful I am. It's not just about my kidney, it's about a lot of things. I love it when my daughter gets something because she almost always says thank you. Two weeks later she'll, out of the blue, thank you for that thing you gave her or did for her then. She shows us her thanks by hugging and kissing us. I take too many things that are given me for granted, physically and emotionally. If you read this, know that I love you and I thank you for being here in my life and part of my family. If you are wandering through via the next blog button, thank you for reading. I want to be more grateful on the outside along with the inside. Uncle Rob, if you read this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't know how I can show you how thankful I am, but I'll think of something. I'm trying to do right with the gift I was given, because that's what God wants us to do. I'm slowly losing weight and feeling better. I want you all to know I love knowing about your lives in other states, your opinions, and your political views. Next time you see me, I hope I'll reveal how grateful I am for you outwardly, not just to myself. I love you guys. Out...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Wow! Okay, so I'm exhausted (from a long night at the ER with a friend getting fluids - long story) and a little hormonal issue, but what a great post!

    I find that the more time I spend with other families, the more I appreciate ours. Where I thought we were the norm (other than our volume), I find that we are quite a rarity. The love we show each other always is quite unusual, and the comfort we have around each other even rarer! We have much to be grateful for!

    I am so thankful and blessed to have you not only as my cousin, but as my friend. I love you dearly!

    Les

     
  • At 2:16 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger Zipidee said…

    Dude!
    We all thank you too! Your battle has been of epic proportions and has been fought by you more than any other. Yes that Rob could and did is amazing but then he's Rob. Were there points in the struggle where you could have bowed out?

    So thanks again for not giving up! It would have left one more hole in our hearts.

    Oh and thanks for your part in creating that little miracle of a daughter of yours :~)

    See you soon.

    Zipidee DoDah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home