Wait, what?

Ramblings on Life, Love, Humor, and Wierdness(not necessarily in that order)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HOLLLLERRRWEEN

Well, it's that time of year again. Time for the cuteness that is little children dressing up in costumes, eating waaay too much candy, and not wanting to get out of said costume because they like it so much. Okay, that last part is probably just for the 3 and younger crowd. I'm dieting, so the whole candy thing is a non-issue for me(at least that's what I keep telling myself). Here's the thing, though. Tonight, Munchkin has 2 options for her costume: Pocahontas or a bride. Not Bride of Frankenstein -- just a bride. At first this didn't bother me, but the more I thought about it the more it ate at me. Thinking about the past 2 Munchkin Halloweens(a red chili pepper and a giraffe), isn't a bride a jump? I've always laughed at the whole "my daughter's wedding day" thing with other people, but I'm feeling it now. She's growing up so much. It feels natural that she is, but at the same time, I'm yelling "SLOW DOWN!!" Keep on thinking that I'm funny or silly or fun. Don't become a teenager who's embarrassed by her parents. Yes, I know it's inevitable but it doesn't mean I have to like it. She's one of my two favorite people on the planet. When she gets married, I drop off her list as the favorite guy on her list. That's the way of things, I guess. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. That's the way God set it up, right? Anyhoo, that's down the road. Right now she doesn't like boys, likes dressing up, and likes me. Who could ask for more? But man, that Pocahontas costume IS pretty awesome...
Love and out to all.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, November 01, 2006, Blogger Zipidee said…

    Can't share with the daughter thing just didn't happen here. Moved out and moved on has taken place and wasn't real easy.
    The costume thing that will remain with me after the 'Cute Pumpkin' thing we carried him around in the first year was his 'Hippie' costume. When YOU become a halloween costume you can wail.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    And if the Munchkin was old enough to read this, there would have been a "Daaaadieeeeeee" at the end. :-)

    Love you!
    Les

     
  • At 6:43 AM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Zipidee said…

    My appology to you all. I've been over blogging. I now realize that you only blog once a month. Is that so there is room in blogdome for the blogs of all? Or is it to allow ample time for all to observe and comment on your monthly blog? Isn't quite like 'E'mail is it?!

    I find an awful lot of blog builds up in 30 days so beware it's gonna be a wopper!

    Zipidee DoDah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home